Photo: Katelyn Faye
Planner: Starry Eyed Events
Venue: Revere Golf Club
So you decided to tie the knot on a very special date. Some couples prefer to have their boyfriend-girlfriend anniversary, some want it to be a holiday, while others want it to be on their first date.
With so many factors to consider, it's essential to find a date that aligns with your vision, availability, and the availability of your bakery. In this blog, we'll guide you through the process of securing your dream wedding date, ensuring that your special day is everything you've envisioned from our perspective.
1. Setting Your Priorities: Determining the Ideal Wedding Season and Day
- Consider the pros and cons of each season: weather, availability, and ambiance. Hot Las Vegas days will absolutely affect the logistics of your day and how it will pan out. We would even recommend having a Day-Of-Planner guide you on this day (Picking your Wedding Planner: Bakery Perspective). In the tail end of spring and summer months, your bakery is considering the following: elements and materials we use to decorate the cake, delivery time with regards to your venue's refrigeration- this affects our routes and timing for each wedding cake we drop off.
You may also want to consider that these months have more days free on the bakery calendar than the cooler months. Cooler months may mean your guests are freezing, but at least you know your cake will withstand the temperature better.
- Reflect on any significant dates or anniversaries that hold personal meaning.
- Decide on a preferred day of the week, considering factors such as work schedules and vendor availability and lower venue costs during the weekdays.
2. Venue Selection: Finding the Perfect Space for Your Wedding
- Research and visit potential wedding venues that align with your vision. Most Las Vegas Venues already know which bakery will be able to accommodate your date already. LISTEN to them. They know what they are doing and they've probably seen it all (Our Favorite Venues). These venues will also be able to guide you to vendors that suit your vision best.
- Inquire about available dates and any associated costs or restrictions. Some venues have more budget-friendly dates and times. See if you are open to these possibilities.
- Consider the capacity of the venue and whether it can accommodate your desired wedding date.
3. Vendor Availability: Securing Your Bakery
- Reach out to your venue's preferred bakery and ask if they can accommodate your wedding date. Most bakeries are closed one to two days a week, usually Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays.
- Be prepared with a list of alternative dates and times to maximize the chances of securing your baker.
4. Guest Considerations: Accommodating Your Loved Ones
- Think about any special considerations for your guests, such as travel arrangements or holidays. Most bakeries are closed on the big holidays, ask them if they are willing to work on those days.
- Send out save-the-date cards well in advance to allow guests to plan accordingly.
- Consider any cultural or religious holidays that may impact guest availability.
5. Flexibility and Compromise: Finding the Perfect Balance
- Be open to considering alternative dates or seasons, as it may increase your chances of securing your dream venue and baker.
- Prioritize what matters most to you and be willing to compromise on less critical details.
- Keep an open line of communication with your partner, families, and wedding planner to navigate any challenges that may arise.
6. Celebrating Your Chosen Date: Sharing the Excitement
- Once your dream wedding date is secured, celebrate and share the news with your loved ones.
- Update your wedding website, social media, and communicate the date to close family and friends.
- Start planning the details of your wedding day, such as invitations, decor, and other personalized elements.
Tux: Friar Tux
Securing your dream wedding date involves careful consideration, flexibility, and effective communication with your bakery. By setting your priorities, considering availability and logistical planning for your bakery, you'll be well on your way to creating the wedding day you've always dreamed of. Remember that even if your ideal date is not available, there are always alternative options that can make your wedding just as magical. Happy planning, and may your chosen wedding date be the start of a beautiful and love-filled journey together.